Our Learning Center offers the latest information from our trusted network of providers and our experts on staff. Here you’ll find the latest research in commercial door and access control product development and performance and learn more about success stories in the industry along with door, frame, and hardware fundamentals.
Choosing the right products for your project requires knowing where to find the highest quality options to meet the needs for your business. Browse our Learning Center resources or contact us to assist with planning your next project.
Our Learning Center custom search engine indexes millions of door, frame, and hardware industry-related pages and resources. Enter a query below and click the magnifying glass icon to search!
Stand on the secure side of the door (where you would insert your key) with your back to the hinge side of the frame. For pairs, determine the hand of the active leaf. The active leaf is typically the door with the lockset. Both leaves may be active.
Florida Building Code
- Florida Building Code Product Approval Search – https://www.floridabuilding.org/pr/pr_app_srch.aspx
- FL12400 – floridabuilding.org/pr/pr_app_dtl.aspx?param=wGEVXQwtDqsj1XgYDJMD2aEhU5IHhf0bhIdrDVW49yF7gEciuRAKIw%3d%3d
- Allegion Install Instructions – Schlage, Von Duprin, LCN – https://instructions.allegion.com/instr/150/0
- Allegion Industry Insights – Door Hardware 101
- Wood Door Veneer FAQs – https://architectural.masonite.com/veneer-faqs/
- Masonite Wood Door – Finish/Color Chart
- VT Industries Wood Door – Finish/Color Chart
- Eggers Wood Door – Finish/Color Chart
- Schlage Hardware Templates – https://us.allegion.com/en/home/document-library/templates.html
- Allegion Hardware Finishes – https://www.iveshinges.com/CatalogCuts/Allegion_Finish_Chart.pdf
- Typical Hardware Locations – Steelcraft · Ceco · Curries
- Steel Door Institute Guidelines for Measuring Existing Openings – https://www.steeldoor.org/T-DOC/SDI-135.php
- Steel Door Institute Measuring Form – https://www.steeldoor.org/fieldmeasuring.pdf
These downloadable PDFs provide school superintendents, administrators and teachers poignant insight and information for better understanding secure and safe classroom door openings. Visit the Door Security & Safety Foundation website…