Warren Doors & Access Control has products to meet all your safety and security needs, including bullet resistant openings. Warren Doors is an authorized distributor of several companies’ bullet resistant door and frame options. Learn more about what a bullet resistant door can offer you below and take a look at a recent project we’ve completed here.
One of the companies we work with, Republic, offers up to eight levels of bullet resistant door and frame protection, ranging from 9mm handguns (Level 1) up to 7.62mm military assault rifles (Level 8). All bullet resistant doors are tested and labeled in accordance with UL752 and constructed per SDI Level 4. They also come standard with polystyrene or mineral wool core for interior or exterior applications. These assemblies are designed for installations such as public utility and military buildings, cashier islands and currency exchanges, cellular tower units and any other security location requiring bullet resistance.
Features and Benefits
- SDI level 4 – maximum duty -performance level a
- Flush top channel standard for exterior applications
- All doors have insulated polystyrene or mineral wool core as standard
- Seamless vertical edges (visible optional)
- Single doors through 5’0 x 10’0 opening
- Paired openings through 10’0 x 10’0* (Level 3 max)
- 4 1⁄2″, 5″ And continuous hinge preparations available
- Glass lights available (consult factory; exclude glass & glazing)
- Gov 86 or Gov 161 lock preparations available
Not sure what level of resistance you need? Check out the chart below, provided by Republic, or contact us for more information.